Empanadas argentinas: recipe step by step
There are recipes that are for sharing between friends and family. Such is the case of paellas, roasts and barbecues, pizza and Argentinean empanadas.
I think we've all had Argentinian empanadas at some time in our lives because I think we all have an Argentine friend.
In case you do not have food, you have no idea what you're missing.
This is a very delicious homemade recipe, just like I said, ideal for sharing.
Recipe empanadas argentinas de carne
Preparing the filling:
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions for a couple of minutes.
- Add the meat, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, parsley, raisins and sugar. Cook over medium heat until the meat is completely cooked. Remove from heat.
- At the moment of assembling the empanadas, preheat the oven to 180º.
- Distribute with a spoon in the center of each circle of mass.
- Add to each pie a quarter of boiled egg and two olives cut into slices. You can place 1 whole olive for each pie, be careful with the bone!
- Fold the empanadas and seal the edges with the tips of a fork or by hand.
- A Once we have formed all the empanadas, brush with beaten egg and take to the oven where we will have them for 30-40 minutes at 180º C, or until they are golden brown.
Argentinian empanadas original recipe
You have just learned how to prepare homemade Argentine empanadas in their most traditional form.
From Here you can be creative, change ingredients, make other fillings, be it meat or anything else.
Do not limit yourself, you can make empanadas stuffed with what you earn.
If you do not want to prepare them in the oven, the fried version of the empanadas argentinas is very simple.
Simply follow all the steps for the preparation and instead of putting them in the oven, cook in a deep pan with plenty of vegetable oil, take into account that you must use enough oil to cover the empanadas.
Fry them until they turn a golden color 🙂
And speaking of empanadas, here is the recipe for empanada gallega, very different from the Argentine but equally delicious 🙂